Your responsibilty
  • Light bulbs including fluorescent and security (other than in communal areas)
  • Resident owned appliances Installing new intruder alarm systems where not previously installed
  • Telephone points
  • Resident owned electric fires.
  • If we are called out to appliances that you own, you will be recharged for the cost of the work
    Our responsibility 
  • Storage heaters
  • Consumer units, electrical wiring and circuits, RCDs / MSBs etc.
  • Electrical components including sockets, spurs, bayonet and batten light fittings (only when fitted by Town & Country)
  • Trunking and conduits
  • Light fittings (not bulbs) – Only if supplied by Town & Country
  • Hard wired smoke detectors
  • Individual door entry systems


Countrywise repairs carry out five yearly electrical tests to all Town and Country properties, completing any necessary remedial works to bring the property up to regulation standards. These can upgrades can include installing new fuse boards, full or partial rewires and other minor works.

These tests are completed at void stage and before all mutual exchanges are taken place. Countrywise repairs are responsible for maintaining and upgrading all communal lighting internally and externally including street lighting.

© Copyright 2016 Countrywise Repairs